In a world where short bursts of digital media have become a primary focus for marketing efforts, it is important to adapt your long-form content into more manageable pieces for your target audience to engage with. Ranging from 15-second TikTok videos to stagnant images, there are a variety of ways to retain your brand’s core ideas while making your content stand out amidst intense media saturation. Let’s take a look at a few simple ideas on how to repurpose long-form content and maximize your short-form content’s outreach…
Before we dive into the various ways to take advantage of long-form content, it’s important to be able to recognize what exactly long-form content is. Long-form content is generally a piece of writing over 1,000 words or a multimedia element over five minutes that extensively explores the intricacies of a complex subject. Specific examples of long-form content include essays, articles, podcasts, and interviews.
Long-form content is a great source for detailed information and is endlessly adaptable. We encourage you to check out our blog post on evergreen content where we probe why the timeless nature of long-form content is a vital component to your marketing efforts. However, oftentimes long-form content is difficult to digest for audiences that are looking for quick and easy answers, which is why short-form content is becoming an increasingly popular strategy amongst marketing professionals.
Transitioning between long-form and short-form content does not have to be as strenuous of a task as it may sound! Here are our top five tips for making the conversion more manageable:
1. Quotes: Quotes can be an effective way to briefly capture the most important information from your long-form content. When selecting a quote to post on social platforms, make sure the quote is captivating and intriguing. A statistic from the long-form piece, a tidbit of information that your audience likely hasn’t considered before, or the ultimate takeaway can be great ways to repurpose from long-form content while maximizing engagement.
2. Bite-Sized Clips: With the rise of short-form services such as TikTok and Instagram reels, bite-sized clips can help you attract new customers and share glimpses of your long-form content across a more diverse audience. Consider breaking down your long-form content into multiple sections and then creating short clips specifically tailored to each of these sections. When posting on social media, be sure to publish these clips as a series so that they are all in one place and are easy to locate for potential customers looking for more information.
3. Relevant Images: Images that are relevant to your content can be a great way to attract attention to your ideas. Posting images pertaining to your long-form content on social platforms allows you to intertwine long-form and short-form content and heighten brand awareness.
4. Infographics: Infographics allow you to simultaneously incorporate both multimedia content and words into your marketing strategy. By combining artistic mediums, you can create enticing content that is both easy to comprehend and entertaining to look at. The flexibility of infographics also allows you to ensure the message you want to deliver is clearly communicated in both your long-form and short-form pieces.
5. Questions: Finally, asking questions related to your long-form content can be a successful way to generate conversation and allow your audience to think more deeply about the ways in which your content applies to their own lives. Questions can range from more serious ideas to more humorous or lighthearted topics that are targeted toward establishing a relatable relationship with the consumer.
Check out a few more ways to repurpose and republish content in our “14 Ways to Repurpose and Monetize Your Content” blog.
1. Issuu Stories: Issuu Stories allows publishers to craft short-form article stories with their existing PDF content. By creating Stories, you can repurpose your long-form content into multiple assets for social promotion.
2. Visual Stories: With Issuu’s Visual Stories feature now you can repurpose your existing content for social sharing success. By downloading the Issuu App for iOS and Android or the Issuu x Adobe InDesign Plugin, you can quickly create eye-catching Visual Stories that draw in viewers on social media.
3. GIFs: Convert your long-form content into an animated GIF that will stop scrollers in their tracks. GIFs on Issuu are a visually engaging solution that link back to your publication, driving traffic and impressing your readers. Choose the pages of your content you would like to feature and change the background color to personalize.
Looking to take your marketing strategy in a new direction using your long-form content? Join Issuu to create interactive digital marketing materials that will increase audience engagement and drive your business forward into the future.